Monday, September 13, 2010

Party Favors: Dinosaur Crayons

I was so excited to find the cutest silicone dinosaur mold at Amazon.co.uk!
It's made from 100% food grade silicone, microwavable, and heat resistant up to 446°F.

It's actually for making chocolates, but I think it's perfect for making dinosaur crayons!

It arrived last week, and I finally got the chance to try it out tonight.

I followed the same formula I did in my DIY Crayon tutorial.

I broke up the crayons and filled the tray.
This tray smaller than the number 4 tray I used in my tutorial, so it only took about 1 crayon, cut into little pieces, to fill up each cavity.




Then I stuck the tray in the oven at 200°.
I took the tray out after the crayons were all melted - it took 25 minutes.




I put the tray into the freezer for 40 minutes - it takes about 1 hour or more for the crayons to harden if you leave the tray on the counter.
Next I carefully turned the tray inside-out and popped the crayons out.




Very cute and lots of details.
I think they will be a big hit at Serenity's birthday party!


Have fun!



StumbleUpon.com

4 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

These are adorable!! what a great find.

Katie said...

You know I was at IKEA today and saw the cutest trays, but they were JUST for icecubes :( BUMMER!

Lana @ SweetJilliBeanz.com said...

I've been wanting to do this...hadn't thought about looking at the silicone molds.
Thanks!

dining room tables said...

You really used a nice shape for the crayons1 They looked so adorable.

Related Posts with Thumbnails